5-Ingredient Rib Eye Roast
Rib-eye roast with garlic butter and Blush Cabernet Sea Salt is an easy to prepare crowd-pleaser. Serves 8.
1 cup softened butter
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 (4 pound) bone-in rib-eye roast
Blush Cabernet Sea Salt to taste
Cracked black pepper to taste
1. Preheat an oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
2. Beat butter and garlic together in a bowl. Poke several holes in roast with a sharp knife. Rub butter mixture all over roast and season meat with Blush Cabernet Sea Salt and black pepper. Place roast, fat-side up, in a roasting pan.
3. Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), and continue cooking until roast is reddish-pink and juicy in the center, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Stuffed Cheesy Eggplant Rolls
Delicious rolls of breaded eggplant with the taste of eggplant Parmesan.
1 large eggplant, ends trimmed
2 tsp Blush Lava Sea Salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 eggs, beaten
1 C dried bread crumbs
vegetable oil for frying
2 cups ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
1 tbsp minced garlic
Ground black pepper to taste
2 cups prepared pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with butter.
2. Slice eggplant into 1/4-inch thick slices lengthwise, discard the end slices with skin. Lay the eggplant slices on paper towels and sprinkle both sides generously with Blush Lava Sea Salt . Let slices drain for 30 minutes, rinse, pat dry with paper towels.
3. Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip each eggplant slice in flour and shake off excess. Dip into egg and then into bread crumbs.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat and fry the slices until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels, refrigerate for 10 min.
5. Mix ricotta cheese, Romano cheese, and garlic in a bowl. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Mound 1/3 to 1/2 cup of cheese mixture in the center. Roll up slice and place seam down into the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake rolls about 25 min. until filling is hot.
Serve with prepared pasta sauce.
Roasted Root Vegetables with Thyme
A large, hearty, satisfying dish that serves 8.
1 lb red-skin potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 lb celery root (celeriac), peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 lb rutabagas, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 lb carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 lb parsnips, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 purple onions, sliced
2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1/2 cup olive oil
Blush Balsamic Sea Salt and ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 F and combine all ingredients in a large roasting pan (or two pans), being sure that all are coated with olive oil, plenty of Blush Balsamic Sea Salt, pepper and thyme.
2. Stir occasionally during baking to allow the vegetables to brown and become tender. Bake for at least 1 hour and test with a fork for doneness.
Flax Crackers with Herbs & Sea Salt
Low carb and gluten-free. Flavor with your choice of herbs for healthy
crunchy dipper or enjoy with your favorite cheese. Makes about 100.
1 cup ground (or milled) flax seeds
1/2 cup grated parmesan or romano cheese
1 Tsp minced herb of your choice
Blush Alaea Sea Salt for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put all ingredients (except salt) to a medium bowl and stir well. Let sit for a few minutes.
2. Form the dough into a ball and roll out quite thin between sheets of parchment paper.
3. Gently remove top piece of parchment paper. Place bottom sheet and crackers on cookie sheet. Use a sharp knife to cut a grid of approximately 1 inch squares (or rectangles).
4. Sprinkle with Blush Alaea Sea Salt and bake for 10 minutes. For crispier crackers, return them to the oven for up to an hour when it has cooled a little.